Welcome to a new post about DIY Makeup! I know that a lot of people have seen those videos made by beauty gurus on YouTube about making your own makeup without using makeup. Eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick, what else? Today I will tell you how to make lipstick using crayons, which isn’t super difficult.
We have posted a tutorial on how to use colored pencils as eyeliner, so make sure to check that out. Now let’s get into this tutorial!
There are several ways to do it, depending on what youtube tutorial or what blogs you read, I will be posting the easy one, considering you’ll need five things.
- Crayola Crayons- These particularly are non-toxic, so if they get in your eye, mouth, or is somehow entered internally, it won’t hurt you majorly due to little kids eating them.
- Empty chapstick or lipstick container- to store your new lipstick in. Can be used in another container, as long as it isn’t dusty and dirty.
- Coconut Oil- To moistuize, and to make your mixture not only crayons.
- Heat- To melt the crayon.
- A container to make the lipstick in
- Get a small container, to mix the soon-to-be lipstick.
- Unwrap the crayon and break it into three pieces and put it in the container.
- Scoop into coconut oil one time and put it in the mixture.
- Find your candle, and hold the container above the flame and mix the soon-to-be lipstick together with a spoon.
- It should be liquid by the time you’re done mixing.
- Then pour it into the container you will be keeping it in and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes are done, it’ll be usable!
I hope you guys liked this tutorial, if you guys did make sure to like it and if you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe to this blog so you can be notified whenever I post!
~The Complicated Fashion