As most of you can tell, I am a HUGE fan of Harley Quinn’s new look for Suicide Squad! I love everything about it and I want to do a post about the makeup because I have seen some wonderful tutorials on social media platforms, and I have come across super bad ones. This tutorial is super inexpensive, in fact you can guy some of the products needed at the dollar store or for super cheap at Target!
What You’ll Need:
- a Mirror of some kind
- a headband (just to hold your hair back during the applying process)
- Red/Pink eyeshadow
- Blue Eyeshadow
- Liquid eyeliner or an eyeliner pencil
- mascara and/or fake eyelashes
- eyelid primer
- black eyeshadow
- red lipliner (fully optional)
- lip stain (optional)
- Red Lipstick
- Brown eyebrow pencil
- 1 Red hair-tie
- 1 Blue hair-tie
- White Face Powder or a Mineral Veil
The Applying Process:
- What I personally like to do is put the headband on at the start of my hairline so none of my hairs can get into my face.
- Take your face primer and just put on a little bit under your eyes. This will help get rid of some dark spots during this cosplay.
- Once the primer is rubbed in, take one small dab of concealer and rub it in circles along the places you put the primer under your eyes.
- Take the concealer and put two dabs by your ears so it can match your face.
- Take some light concealer and put it on any moles, pimples or red spots you want to cover.
- Take a small amount of Mineral Veil or Face Powder (not foundation) and swirl the brush all around your face- remember a small amount goes a long way!
- Once you’re done with the face makeup, it’s time for my favorite parts! Take your eyebrow pencil and just color in your eyebrows, you don’t need to do any shape, just to make your eyebrows bolder.
- Take the eyelid primer and take a small bit and rub it along the eyelids and blend it in.
- Take the pink/red eyeshadow and apply it on the left eyelid. If you want to do the smeared eyeshadow that Harley does in some scenes of the movie, take three stripes to your mid-cheek. You can smudge it if you desire.
- Take the blue eyeshadow and apply it on the right eyelid. If you want to do the smudged eyeshadow then do only two stripes to your mid-cheek. You can smudge it if you desire.
- If you are super good with eyeliner, use black liquid eyeliner and just line your waterlines, but if you don’t use eyeliner, just take some black eyeshadow and put it on the edge of your eyelids. I recommend you use a firmer eyeshadow brush.
- Add a few coats of mascara only if you choose to wear fake lashes, if you aren’t wearing fake lashes then add as many coats as you want.
- On the cheek of the side you have the red/pink makeup on, take a liquid or a pencil and draw a small heart where the three stripes are coming down. Make sure the heart is colored in.
- On the same side you have the heart on your cheek, close to your jawline, write “rotten”.
- If you are using lip liner or lip stain, use that. If you aren’t using either product, use your red lipstick and apply it on your lips.
- Put your hair up into pony tails and take off the headband and you are finished with the makeup applying!
This page is not sponsored by any of these companies, but if you want to take my advice and use the same makeup as I do, the links are right here to order the makeup directly from where I get them:
I hope this helped you guys! I will post a link of my finished cosplay on the blog’s Instagram page (@complicatedfashionblog). If you guys have any recommendations for future makeup tutorials just contact us!
~The Complicated Fashion