Yes, you read the headline correctly. Lately I’ve seen on instagram this trend where you either buy some underwear from a thrift shop or you use a clean pair of old underwear and you cut it into a stylish crop top/bra. I personally don’t think it would support the girls enough, but whatever!
This is all you need:
A pair of underwear
- lay the underwear on a flat surface, and make sure it’s flat.
- Now, take the scissors and cut out the part that’s on the middle (the part that touches the genitals).
- Make sure there’s little straps on the sides of the underwear that goes between your legs (these will be the straps).
- Try it on!
There you go, now you have your very own underwear crop top and yes this is a new fad. Make sure to show us your pictures and we will show some on this blog! Post pictures on Instagram with the hashtag: #TheComplicatedFashion !
It’s been about four months since David Bowie- a music legend has a passed away due to a fight with cancer. Since I am a fashion blogger, I decided why not do a tutorial or an article based on his ever so famous, Ziggy Stardust makeup (as featured above). Below are the materials you will need for this makeup!
1 container of red lipstick
a few tissues
a regular makeup brush
and of course, blush
- Conceal your face entirely.
- Put the pink eyeshadow on your eyes, you don’t have to do it but it looks good!
- Take a tissue or paper and line it up where you want the red outline of the lightning bolt to go.
- Trace the edge of the paper and then adjust the paper to finish the bottom of the bolt.
- Color in the bolt using red lipstick or another form of red makeup such as eyeliner.
- Take your black eyeliner (can be pencil or liquid) just trace ONE side of the bolt completely. When you’re finished with the black, follow suit with the blue eyeliner, but on the same side as the black.
- Your bolt should be fully red on one side and blue and black on the outside of the other side.
- Now that your Ziggy look is almost finished, just take some blush and put some on your cheeks and forehead around the bolt.
- If you want to get extra creative, add some body glitter to the bolt!
Now you’re all finished!
Show me what it looks like by posting a picture of your Ziggy inspired makeup and use the hashtag #TheComplicatedFashion !
Want to subscribe? Just scroll down and enter your email to be notified when I post something new!
Thank you for reading!
~The Complicated Fashion
Some of these hacks are some I found online and some of these I have just figured out myself. So here is a list about cool beauty/fashion hacks that will be useful in life!
- The Backless Dress- Have you ever bought a dress that has a cutout or something in the back and if you wear a normal bra, the clasp will show through? Well, this is how to take care of it: Go to a discount store where you can get a bra for cheap and so the cups in the front, genius right? You don’t need to do this if the dress has a built-in bra already in it.
- Folding Delicate Lingerie- This one I found off the internet. So the first thing you do is take the delicate lingerie piece and fold it in half so the cups are together. 2.) fold the bottom of the lingerie to be the same width as the cups. 3.) Roll the bottom up 4.) put the bottom of the item in the cup. Problem solved!
- Natural Stain Remover- All you need is a lemon. Cut it in half and lay your clothing item flat on a counter or other flat surface, then just squirt some lemon juice on the stain! Bottled lemon juice might work, I’ll need to test that out.
- Wrinkle Remover- Don’t have an iron? Just toss the wrinkled item in the dryer with an ice cube!
- Long-lasting Lipstick- This is a easy hack, and doesn’t take much time at all! First just fill in with some lipstick with a brush. 2.) apply some powder. 3.) put more lipstick on using a brush over the powder.
- DIY Lip Balm- Take some Crayons and melt them, and add coconut oil in the mix, then freeze it. Simple, right?
- Secret to Brighter Nails- Take some vaseline on a cotton swab and put some along your finger nails, then paint them like you normally would, enjoy the difference!
- Fade Dark Spots- grate some potatoes- yes, potatoes and put them on some gauze and apply that to where your dark spots are!
- Natural Nair- This is cheaper than Nair: for 1 week, rub 2 tbsps of coffee grinds mixed with 1 tsp of baking soda. Rub the mixture where you don’t want hair.
- Smooth Legs- Shave like you normally would, but use some olive oil/sugar and rub it along your legs then shave again!
I hope you guys liked this entry. It was fun and I am going to have to test these hacks. Make sure to comment if you tried one of these! Subscribe by entering your email down below to be notified when I post next!
~The Complicated Fashion
Okay, I’ve seen actually really cute velvet dresses in my life, but I am going to be talking about velvet on velvet clothing. Yes, you read that correctly.
It’s unsearchable, I looked up pictures to show you guys on google, and it will not show you this!
Anyways, yesterday I saw this girl wear a black velvet top, not so bad right? Then I saw the pants, velvet jeans (like the ones above) but in dark blue!!!!!!
The first thing I thought was “pick one or the other girl, please don’t wear velvet on velvet!”
It’s not even a thing is it? Like this isn’t a new trend I don’t know about? Anyways, my point in blogging this is my opinion. My opinion is that this is ugly! I’m so sorry but it’s true!
Bottom Line: Wear velvet all you want, just don’t wear velvet on velvet because that is a true fashion disaster.
Please comment topics for my blog and subscribe! You will be notified every time I post a new entry!
This is another diy idea from the youtuber RCLBEAUTY101. The featured picture is her finished bubble gum lipstick products. As you can see, she did make several different ones and I actually love this idea! It’s very inexpensive and it looks pretty good when it’s finished!
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 pieces of double bubble bubblegum (pink colored)
Empty eos/lipstick containers
1 Cotton Swab
- Pick out two pieces of double bubble bubblegum (pink colored) and put it in a bowl.
- Put a scoop of Vaseline in the bowl as well.
- Drop about 7 droplets of food coloring into the mixture.
- Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds on high setting.
- The mixture should be a little liquid, mash the bubblegum pieces up more with a spoon and put it back in the microwave.
- Put it in for another 30 seconds on the same setting.
- Stir the liquid some more
- Get your empty Eos or lipstick container and make sure it’s fully empty!
- Scoop some liquid and put it into the container until it’s full.
- Take a cotton swab and clean the edges of the container.
- Cap the container up and put it in the freezer for 5 minutes
- Test it out!
There you go! Your directions on how to make your very own lipstick out of bubblegum! If you like this, subscribe to me and put your email in to be added to my mailing list!
(Above is one of my finished bath bombs!)
Okay, so this is one of the ideas I took from rclbeauty101 (see my previous post) and she made this bath bomb while using an egg poacher and she made a galaxy bath bomb. Now, I am going to include my recipe and procedures.
NOTE: I am currently experiencing some different recipes because this recipe didn’t fizz, but it does work and it makes your bath water very pretty!
Now, let’s get started!
Things you’ll need to make a 2 1/2+ batch:
3/4 cup of baking soda (patted down in the measuring cup)
half of a 1/4 cup of salt
half of a 1/4 cup of cream of Tartar
Carbonated Lemon Juice
A mold (I used a tupperware container)
- Pour a quarter of a cup of baking soda in a measuring cup and pat it down.
- Sprinkle some salt and mix the dry ingredients so it starts to be a little clumpy.
- Pour some tartar in the mixture
- Get your spritzer bottle and fill it up about half way with water, pour some lemon juice and start to add the color of your choice.
- Shake the bottle and test the mixture by spraying the mixture in a sink so you can see the color.
- Occasionally spritz the mixture in the bowl and keep going, but don’t make it too wet.
- Keep stirring and spritzing until the mixture is a texture of wet sand. There should be no white powder left in the bowl.
- Now the fun part: get a spoon and the mold and start scooping your bath bombs into the mold, you can pack it down with your fingers.
- You need to pack the bath bomb in as far as you can go, you can flip it upside down to make sure the mixture sticks together, if it doesn’t, put the bomb(s) back in the bowl and add more liquids.
- When you’re all done packing, you need to leave the mold out on a counter for 6-7 hours. Freezing it in a freezer for 1 hour does NOT work.
There you guys go! That’s how you make your own homemade scent-free bath bomb! Make sure to subscribe to this blog for more posts like this, just scroll down and enter your email to get notified when I post a new entry!
I’m sorry I haven’t updated my blog, it’s close to the end of the academic year so I am trying to post as often as I can! Anyways, today I will post a lot to make up for my absences! I am going to post some really simple and fun DYI’s!
Lately, I have been obsessing over bath bombs, since they’re so in. I was looking for a simple homemade recipe, and luckily, my sister came across this beauty guru on youtube called RCLBEAUTY101. On her youtube channel, she posts makeup and beauty videos as well as some simple vlogs. I love watching her videos, these recipes and concepts are adapted from her, so thanks Rachel!
Youtuber RCLBEAUTY101 is pictured above!
I hope you guys enjoy my blog and make sure to comment topics and subscribe!